You can contact Us at; 08188014053
What is Finger Millet Flour?
Finger millet flour is produced from finger millet (Eleusine coracana), it is also known as Ragi in India. Finger Millet flour is mostly consumed in Asia and Africa and it is gluten-free and high nutrient grain. In Nigeria,Finger Millet/ Ragi is known in Hausa as Tamba, Yoruba as Okababa, Igbo as Achara. Finger Millet Flour is highly nutritious cereal which can be used in the preparation of many foods. It contains potassium, calcium, Amino acids, Fiber, Protein and other important minerals.
Health Benefits of Millet Flour
1. It is a great source of calcium which helps in strengthening bones in growing children and older people. It helps in reducing the risk of osteoporosis and fracture.
2. Finger Millet has high fiber content which lowers the rate of digestion thus making it a good alternative to wheat for diabetic patients.
3. Finger Millet Flour is a good source of natural iron which helps in the control of diseases such as Iron.
4. Finger Millet Flour is rich in amino acids.
5. It contains antioxidants such as phytates, polyphenols and tannins which helps in reducing the rate of metabolic diseases.
Uses of Finger Millet Flour
1. As an alternative to wheat
Finger Millet Flour is highly recommended as an alternative to wheat as it has been found to be rich in high quality nutrients.
2. As Weaning Food for Babies
Finger Millet Flour is used to prepare babies food because of the high nutritional content in the millet most especially Iron and calcium.
3. In the preparation of bread, cake and others.
Finger Millet Flour can be used in the baking of bread, cake and others.
4. In the making of Beverages
Finger Millet can be used in the making of tasty beverages such as yoghurt.
Dorocity International Limited Dot Foods