Here, you will find recipe for Nigerian meat pie. Nigerian meat pie is a rich and nutritious snack. Meat pie is very popular in Nigeria and also West Africa at large, that’s why we have made great effort to share its recipe in case you want to prepare it on your own. The demand for this meat pie is high that most popular eateries such as Mr.Biggs, Mr. Fans etc, can’t do without it because of the love that people have for it.
Personally, the best form of Nigerian meat pie that I cherish most is the one that has fillings in it. This filling contains minced meat with diced potatoes, carrots and onions. When it is prepared in the right way, it tastes delicious and forms a complete diet. Meat pie can be eaten as a whole snack and can also be even used to drink tea.
Here are the recipe for Nigerian meat pie, calm down as it it very easy to prepare as long as you did not miss any step. You can prepare it with a stove, gas cooker or even bake it with an oven. With this measurement, you will get 16 pieces of Nigerian Meat pie, if you want half of it, then divide the ingredients into two.
Recipes For Nigerian Meat Pie
Filling Ingredients For Nigerian meat pie
2 Medium Carrots
2 Medium Irish Potatoes
2 medium sized Onions
450g Minced Meat
2 Cooking Spoons of Vegetable oil
1/2 Cooking spoon of Curry
1/2 Cooking spoon of Thyme
2 Knorr Chicken cubes
2 tablespoons plain flour
1/2 Cup of water
Salt to taste
Ingredients For Nigerian Meat Pie Dough
1kg plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
500g Margarine/Baking Butter
1/2 cup of cold water
2 pinches of salt
1. After peeling your Irish potatoes, wash it very well and dice it.
2. Here, you have other ingredients. Wash your carrots and dice it, and also set aside other needed ingredients.
3. Pour in approximately 2 cooking spoons of vegetable oil into the frying pan and heat the oil.
4. Add and Onions salt to the oil and then add your minced meat. Allow the minced meat to turn pale.
5. Add curry, thyme,maggi, pepper. Add water, but don’t add much. Pay attention the quantity of your Irish potatoes when doing this and stir gently.
6. Allow the potatoes to cook a little bit. You have to take great care so that you don’t overcook the potatoes.
7. Add your diced carrots and stir gently. Allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. This is flour. It helps in thinning the sauce. After mixing it with little water, carefully pour it into the mixture.
9. This is the appearance of the mixture after pouring the flour, gently stir the flour mixed with water together with the mixture. You can taste to know if the taste if the taste is okay.
10. Pour it in a tray, and allow to cool.
11. Measure out your desired quantity of flour.
12. Add the baking powder.
13. Add your butter to the flour and mix.
Add water little by little yo form a dough.
14. This is how your dough should look like.
15. Roll your dough flat on a clean surface to get a uniformed mixture.
16. Set aside your meat pie cutter.
17. Add your filler inside your flat dough in your meat pie cutter. Rub egg at the edge of your dough to enable it to clip well.
18.Gently press your meat pie cutter.
19. Put it in your pan. Use foil or groundnut oil to grease your pan. Then, use egg to rub the surface of your meat pie. Bake for 30 Minutes till the colour changes to Golden colour.
Recipe for Nigerian meat pie is easy to understand. Just be careful with the measurements, watch the cooking closely so that you don’t overcook some of the ingredients and also make sure that you bring the meat pie out before it starts burning.
Also See; How to cook Okra soup