Prayer Points for Pastors and Church Leaders – Prayer is the greatest weapon to fight any battle. In all that you do, you should remember to commit the ministers and leaders of your Church into the hands of the Almighty God in your prayers. Knowing fully well that they are faced with various trials and temptations each and every passing day. Ask God to come and help them to overcome so as not to deviate. Ask God to make them the good Shepherd that will not lead their sheep astray.
The need strength to continue to work in the vineyard of the Lord, just like the eagle, may their strength be continuously renewed. Materialism and worldliness have made a lot of Church leaders to engage in some acts which they are not ought to, ask God to come and shield their soul from sin. Commit not only them but also their family members into the hands of the Lord that all might go well with them so that they can fully concentrate on their work.
Prayer points for pastors also have Bible Verses and it is written to serve as lookbook to the various areas of their life that you may need to commit into God’s hands. There is no maximum number of times that you need to pray for your pastors and church leaders, rather form it as a habit doing so.
Prayer Points for Pastors and Church Leaders with Bible Verses
1. O Lord, transform our Pastors and Church leaders to always remember the reason for their calling in Jesus name.
Psalm 78:72 “With upright heart, he shepherded them and guided them with his skillful hand.”
2. Ancient of days, in your tender and loving kindness, uphold our pastors and ministers and their families to withstand the wiles of the enemy in Jesus name.
Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with my eyes.”
3. Almighty God, give your ministers and Church leaders the power for signs and wonders to enhance winning of souls to you, give them an enthusiastic spirit in the study and mediation of your word and the readiness to transmit it to their followers in Jesus name.
Titus 1:9 “He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.”
4. Oh Lord Our God, strengthen the faith of the Pastors and our Church leaders. May their love for you never wax cold in Jesus name.
Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
5. Almighty Father, restore true love and team spirit among our Church leaders, consume every spirit that will come to put confusion and misunderstanding among them in Jesus name.
Proverbs 11:14 “Where there is no guidance, the people falls, but in abundance of counselors, there is safety.”
6. Ever Merciful Father, in any way that our pastors and leaders have left what they are supposed to do and gone astray, please show them your mercy, draw them back and forgive them.
Proverbs 16:12 “It is an abomination to Kings to do evil, for their throne is established by righteousness.”
7. O Lord, cast away every spirit of worldliness and commercialization among our Church leaders in Jesus name.
Exodus 18:21 “Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men Over the people as Chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens.”
8. Dear Lord, please inculcate the spirit of your boldness among our Church leaders and pastors, that they will not be intimidated but will speak about troubling issues in our nation in Jesus name.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
9. O Lord, may the hearts and mind of our Pastors be directed towards Christ, to have love for your word and to walk in wisdom, humility and strength in Jesus Name.
Ephesians 3:7-8 “Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.”
10. May our Pastors not be carried away by false doctrines and deception. May God stir up their hearts to be relentless in their pursuit of revival for our land in Jesus name.
Revelation 21:7 “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be my son.”
11. May the good Lord grant good health to our Pastors. May they always have the strength to preach the gospel when it is required of them in Jesus Name.
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”
12. O Lord, bestow upon our Pastors your spirit of wisdom and understanding so that they will be able to preach your words well in Jesus name.
James 1:5 “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
13. O God, make our Pastors and ministers not only preachers but also doers of your word. May they be a good sign post for their members in Jesus Name.
Mathew 28:20 “And teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of age.”
14. Everlasting God, give our Pastors the spirit to resist all forms of worldly temptations in Jesus name.
Galatians 6:9 “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart “
15. O God of righteousness and grace, inspire our Pastors to live a life divine till Christ is formed in all mankind and every land is thine in Jesus Name.
Acts 20:28 “Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flocks in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to care for the Church of God, which He obtained with his own blood.”
16. O Lord, continue to show your goodness, provisions, blessings, love and favour towards our pastors and their families so that they will be greatly energized in carrying out their work in Jesus name.
Philippians 4:19 “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”
17. Dear God, forgive our Pastors and ministers in your vineyard all deceitful ways that they have carried out your work. Have mercy upon them Lord.
Luke 12:48 “Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand more.”
18. O Lord, protect and guide our Pastors and ministers, grant them journey mercies in all their travels in Jesus name.
Psalm 37:5 “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act.”
19. May every Spirit of disunity, murmuring, grumbling and keeping grudges in the heart be cast away from our ministers and pastors in Jesus name.
Proverbs 29:2 “When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan.”
20. Dear Lord, may your Holy Spirit always dwell in the life of our Pastors and guide all their activities including the thought of their heart, give them the grace not to allow the world and its standard control them.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.”
Commit your pastors and ministers into the hands of God with prayer points for pastors and church leaders.
Also Read; 30 Intercessory Prayers for Church Members – Prayer Points
Birthday Prayer for a Pastor, Priest and Spiritual Leader