Are you tired of constantly seeing cockroaches in some corners of your house? Cockroaches has been a source of discomfort to many homes. Their ability to thrive in rare conditions makes them difficult to eliminate. Continue reading to know how you can eliminate this stubborn insect.
What are Cockroaches?
Cockroaches are group of insects that thrives in warm and cold places. The ability of these insects to survive in rare conditions makes their multiplication easier. Unlike other insects, cockroaches have mouth parts adapted for feeding and sucking.
Why do we need to get rid of cockroaches?
Although Cockroaches don’t directly bite or sting us, the can transfer infections organisms to our food or feeding utensils. Cockroaches likes to feed on dirt, therefore they can feed from dirty areas such as the toilet, dust bin and other dirty places.
Cockroaches can then transfer the harmful organisms they got from such areas to our food, therefore we need to get rid of them.
Why do we use onions and baking soda?
One may be prompted to know if we can’t use insecticides to kill Cockroaches. Yes, you can use insecticides, but most insecticides are harmful to our health because they contain dangerous chemicals and are not meant to come in contact with our food, therefore we should make use of home products which are safe and can be easily prepared.
Note: Baking Soda is also known as Sodium Bicarbonate
How do we prepare it?
The preparation of the mixture ( Onions and baking soda) will not cost you much.
- Get 1 onion bulb
- Get 1 teaspoonful of baking soda
- Using a blender, first add a little water and then add the baking soda, you can use knife to chop the onions and blend together with the baking soda and water. Note; the mixture should not be too thick or watery.
- After you have done this, get the resultant mixture and store in a container or wherever you wish to.
- You need to apply this mixture to those areas in your house that you know cockroaches like to visit.
- If you do this correctly, you will be seeing dead cockroaches in your house, continue applying till you completely get rid of cockroaches in your house.
What you need to do after this?
Make sure you keep your house neat, always clean hidden corners in your house, this will also help to keep them away completely.
Related posts: Bedbugs: Sources, Effects, Prevention and Control
How to get rid of wall Geckos in Nigeria