Riddles with answers is an article that has a great compilation of funny and good riddles which you can enjoy with your kids. Riddles are great for people who want to build their level of intelligence and also can be used to keep both the brain and mind busy. Riddles are also brainteasers. Here, you would find riddles that are both funny, mathematical and illustrative. The riddles here is a combination of both easy and hard riddles. But one good thing about those riddles is that there is an answer provided both for the kids and adults riddles.
Here, you will find;
- Riddles with answers for adults
- Riddles with answers for kids
Riddles with answers for adults
1. All five sisters are busy. Ann is reading a book. Rose is cooking. Katy is playing chess and Mary is doing the laundry. What is the fifth sister doing?
Answer: Playing chess with Katy.
2. Take me with you, and I will lead you anywhere. Flip me around and I’ll annoy you. Remove a letter, and I’ll tell you how fast you are moving. What am I?
3. The more you take of me, the more you leave behind. What am I?
4. What goes up, and never come down?
5. What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat and 1/2 goat?
6. There are several kinds, but the one you pick doesn’t do its job. What is it?
7. A box contains 12 marbles of three different colours; green, yellow, and blue for each. If you were to close your eyes and pick them at random, how many marbles must you take out to be sure that there are at least two of one colour among the marbles picked out?
8. I rhyme with lane, I am window. What am I?
9. There was an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for the movies. One of them was the father of the other one’s son. How could this be?
Answer: They are couples.
10. I am heavy forward, but backward, I am not. What am I?
11. I am a 3 letter word, take my first letter and I become stronger, take my second, and I become 10. What am I?
12. I have a tail and a head, but I am not a reptile. What am I?
13. I have no arms, but I have fingers, take away the first letter of me, then I become feeling. What am I?
14. If you were in a race, you passed the person in the second place. What place are you in now?
15. There is a plane crash in the middle of two countries, where should they bury the survivors?
Answer: Survivors are living, they are not dead.
17. If you have it, you don’t share, if you share it, you don’t have it. What is it?
18. I cry without eyes, and fly without wings. What am I?
19. A single tennis tournament is held in which 30 men participate. If a player is eliminated as soon as he loses a match, how many matches are required to determine the winner?
20. You are my brother, but I am not your brother. Who am I?
21. You will always find me in the past, I can be created in the present, but the future can never taint me. What am I?
22. What can you hold in your right hand, but not in your left hand.
Answer: Your left hand.
23. As I was going to the mall, I met a man with seven wives, each wife held two bags, each bag held a mother cat which had six babies. How many people were going to the mall?
Answer: Just one.
24. If you take 5 chocolates from a box which contained 21 chocolates. How many chocolates would you have?
Answer: 5 chocolates.
25. All Roses are flowers. Some flowers fade quickly. Therefore some Roses fade quickly. True or false?
26. The World’s tallest skyscraper took seven years to build. Each year, the workmen were able to double its height. How many years did it take for the skyscraper to reach half of its maximum height?
Answer: 6 years.
27. Two large sacks, one moment nearly empty, the next full to the brim, what is it?
28. I go in hard and dry, but out soft and wet. What am I?
Answer: Bubble gum.
29. I am something; the one who buys it does not need it, and the one who uses it does not know he is using it. What am I?
30. If the day after tomorrow is three days before Tuesday, do you know which day is today?
31. I’m a five letter fruit. Take one letter away, I am a crime, take another letter away, I am an animal. What am I?
32. I feed upon the sword, spade and rake; I pierce the armour that none can break. One drop and I can stop a watch’s flow. But without time, I cannot grow. What am I?
33. Which one has four zero and three four?
Answer: B, because of the conjunction, and.
34. Some months have 30 days, and some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
Answer: All months have at least 28 days in them, so the answer is 12 months.
35. I’m the color of gold, as sweet as can be. But beware of the danger that is all around me. What am I?
36. Take away my first letter and I am a store. Take away the second and people who look at me adore. Put all my letters back and read me in reverse if you if you are able, I am now cars suspended from an overhead cable. Take another letter away and I become a male sheep. What am I?
Answer: Mart, Art, Tram, Rams=Smart
37. Take away my first letter and I remain same. Take away the second letter, and I remain unchanged. Take away my third letter, and I am unchanged. Take away all my letters and l am exactly same. What am I?
38. Hands but no feet, no arms and no palms. Hands out of plane, middle of my face. What am I?
39. A name of an animal, minus the first letters plus a flat piece of wood, what am I?
40. I have 6 faces but not even one body connected, 21 eyes in total but I cannot see. What am I?
Answer: A dice
41. What goes up and down, but doesn’t move?
Answer: The sun.
42. A slender body, a tiny eyes, no matter what happens, I never cry. What am I?
Answer: A needle.
43. What is 1 in one, none in 2, but 2 in none?
Answer: Letter “N”.
44. What has roots that nobody sees, is sometimes taller than trees, up it goes, yet it never grows?
45. What can travel round the World while staying in a corner?
46. They have no flesh nor feathers, no scales nor bones, yet they have fingers and thumbs of their own. What are they?
Riddles with answers for kids
48. I am an odd number, take away an alphabet an I will remain an “even”. What am I?
49. I do not eat, but I do enjoy a light meal everyday. What am I ?
Answer: A Plant.
50. You see me once in a year, twice in a week, but never in a day. What am I?
Answer: Letter “E”.
51. As I went across the bridge, I met a man with a load of wood, which was neither straight nor crooked? What do I have?
52. I always follow my brother, although different we are. You can see him, but not me. You can hear me, but not him. What am I?
Answer: Thunder or Lighting
53. When I am opened, I am U-shaped, but when I am closed, I am V-shaped. What am I?
Answer: An Umbrella.
54. I have got three eyes and all are are in a straight line. When my red eye opens, everything freezes. What am l?
Answer: Traffic light.
55. My scale is something that does not weigh in grams, ounce or pounds. I may be light or heavy. What am I?
56. What is made of wood but cannot be sawed?
57. You can easily touch me, but not see me. You can throw me out, but not away. What am I?
58. If you eat me, my sender will eat you. What am I?
Answer: Fishing hook.
59. I know a word of letters three, add two and fewer there will be. What is the word?
69. What flies around all day, but never goes anywhere?
61. What is so delicate that saying the name breaks it?
62. An iron horse with a flaxen tail, the longer the horse runs, the shorter his tail become? What is it?
Answer: A needle and thread.
63. I only exist when you are here, where you never were, I cannot be. What am I?
64. A hundred feet in the air, but its back is in on the ground. What am I?
65. I’m tall when I am child, I’m short when am old. What am I?
Answer: A candle or pencil.
66. I’m a room without walls, doors or windows. What am I?
67. I’m something that beat a child in front of their mother. What am I?
68. I can be found in seconds, minutes, and centuries but not in days, years, or decades. What am I?
Answer: Letter “N”.
69. You can see me in water, but I never get wet. What am I?
Answer: Shadow or reflection.
70. What has only two words but thousands of letters in it?
Answer: Post office
71. All of my flowers except two are Roses, all of my flowers except two are Tulips. All of my flowers except two are Daises. How flowers do I have?
72. What can be swallowed, but can also swallow you?
73. What words become shorter when you add two alphabets to it?
74. I’m a towel that do not dry. What am I?
75. A thief, and does not clean itself, it has a dangerous reputation, and loves annoying others. What is it?
Answer: A rat.
76. I get into the bed on one side, but I get out of the bed on the other side. What am I?
Answer: A clock.
77. I face my brother, he faces me, together we make a room for all. What am I?
78. There are five fishes in a river, one drowns, how many are remaining?
Answer: Five, because fishes don’t get drowned.
79. Every night I am told what to do, and every morning, I do as I am told, yet I still do not escape your scold. What am I?
Answer: Alarm clock.
80. I am pregnant, the baby inside me is pregnant. What am I?
81. Elizabeth’s father is Mark, then, Mark is the – of Elizabeth’s father.
82. You enter one hole and leave three, once you succeed am on thee, What am I?
83. There are two brothers whose combined age is eleven years, one is ten years older than the older one, What are their ages?
Answer: 1and 10.
84. What goes around the house but never but never touches the house?
85. I am the beginning of everything, and the end of space. What am I?
Answer: Letter “E”.
86. I am round. I have so many jackets. What am I?
87. I am green and red, I move round and round. What am I?
89. I am an animal, if you remove a letter from me, I will make another animal. What am I?
90. What tastes better than it smells?
Also read;Funny clean jokes for adults and kids